Fight to Educate
Winning card for Fight to Educate at Verizon arena
“Danny made his professional debut with us five years ago,” said Stephen, chairman of the New Hampshire Boxing and Wrestling Commission, which is sanctioning the event. “He calls Manchester his second home, and he always wants to help us raise money for three wonderful charities. He’s also a terrific boxer who’s ready for a title shot.”
O’Connor, a southpaw out of Framingham, Mass., has recorded four knockouts in Fight to Educate bouts.
Undefeated welterweight Chris Gilbert of Windsor, Vt., (9-0, 7 KOs) returns to Manchester for the third straight year. He will meet Anthony Chase (11-1, 4 KOs) of Providence in an eight-round match. “Gilbert is a solid fighter who will out-punch his opponent,” said Stephen. “Chase will be a good test for Gilbert.”West Forks, Maine, light welterweight Brandon Berry (2-0, 2 KOs), who fought in last year’s FTE as an amateur, meets Jesus Javier Cintron (1-3-2) of Springfield, Mass., in a four-round bout.
During the past 11 years, the Fight To Educate has raised more than $500,000 in donations for New Hampshire nonprofits. Proceeds this year will benefit Manchester’s SEE Science Center, the Bobby Stephen Fund for Education and the New Horizons for New Hampshire food pantry, soup kitchen and shelter.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Hour of Code' taps student creativity - 1
- Fired Epping children's librarian gets public hearing - 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
- Nashua Board of Education signals new leadership - 0
- PSU adjunct faculty members approve three-year contract - 0
- UNH, trustees seek to reverse arbitrator's decision to reinstate professor - 13
- NH students take part in computer education week - 0
- Math world stunned by UNH lecturer's find - 3
- Consultant report on UNH Manchester issues almost done - 4
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840