Fight to Educate
Winning card for Fight to Educate at Verizon arena
“Danny made his professional debut with us five years ago,” said Stephen, chairman of the New Hampshire Boxing and Wrestling Commission, which is sanctioning the event. “He calls Manchester his second home, and he always wants to help us raise money for three wonderful charities. He’s also a terrific boxer who’s ready for a title shot.”
O’Connor, a southpaw out of Framingham, Mass., has recorded four knockouts in Fight to Educate bouts.
Undefeated welterweight Chris Gilbert of Windsor, Vt., (9-0, 7 KOs) returns to Manchester for the third straight year. He will meet Anthony Chase (11-1, 4 KOs) of Providence in an eight-round match. “Gilbert is a solid fighter who will out-punch his opponent,” said Stephen. “Chase will be a good test for Gilbert.”West Forks, Maine, light welterweight Brandon Berry (2-0, 2 KOs), who fought in last year’s FTE as an amateur, meets Jesus Javier Cintron (1-3-2) of Springfield, Mass., in a four-round bout.
During the past 11 years, the Fight To Educate has raised more than $500,000 in donations for New Hampshire nonprofits. Proceeds this year will benefit Manchester’s SEE Science Center, the Bobby Stephen Fund for Education and the New Horizons for New Hampshire food pantry, soup kitchen and shelter.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Indoor track results - 0
- Central-Trinity: It's time - 2
- Trinity, BG skaters open with victories - 0
- Central vs. Trinity: 'competition, not warfare' - 5
- NHIAA preview: Boys' ice hockey races appear to be wide open - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Windham boys prevail in hoop opener - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball Preview: Top dogs still have lots of bite - 1
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
- Rich won’t return to coach Londonderry football - 1
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
Sales of new limited edition ‘Old Man’ liquor bottles will help fund Hall of Flags restoration projectREADER COMMENTS: 0
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840