Home » News » Public Safety
Officials seek details after flash fire injuries at gas station
But a spokesman for their employer, Tank Tech Inc. of Blodgett, Mo., said both men are in stable condition at the MGH intensive care unit.
After speaking with Snow and the three other Tank Tech workers at the hospital, a city fire investigator was able to confirm the industrial work light ignited the flash fire, Burkush said.
"It was definitely an accident," the chief added.
All work being done on the site is suspended pending the conclusion of the investigation, he said.
"I don't believe so. I think the work at that site (Salem) has been completed," spokesman Jonathan McNeeley said.
McNeeley said none of the agencies indicated problems with equipment or procedures.
John Brewer, owner of Johnny B's Car Care across the street at 1004 Hanover St., helped the Tank Tech crew pull Scott from tank. He said the workers erected a tripod in the manway and intended to use it to winch Scott up with the cable. The tripod didn't work and the crew had to pull him out by hand, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 1
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
- Three firefighters recovering after injuries in fast-moving Claremont house fire - 0
- Minor injuries in Route 101 crash Sunday - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Senate passes Medicaid expansion on bipartisan vote - 1
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- House kills suicide-related bills - 1
- Staples to shut 225 stores as online competition hurts sales - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
- St. A Hawks grounded by the Chargers - 0
House votes for cellphone ban while driving