Home » News » Public Safety
Officials seek details after flash fire injuries at gas station
But a spokesman for their employer, Tank Tech Inc. of Blodgett, Mo., said both men are in stable condition at the MGH intensive care unit.
After speaking with Snow and the three other Tank Tech workers at the hospital, a city fire investigator was able to confirm the industrial work light ignited the flash fire, Burkush said.
"It was definitely an accident," the chief added.
All work being done on the site is suspended pending the conclusion of the investigation, he said.
"I don't believe so. I think the work at that site (Salem) has been completed," spokesman Jonathan McNeeley said.
McNeeley said none of the agencies indicated problems with equipment or procedures.
John Brewer, owner of Johnny B's Car Care across the street at 1004 Hanover St., helped the Tank Tech crew pull Scott from tank. He said the workers erected a tripod in the manway and intended to use it to winch Scott up with the cable. The tripod didn't work and the crew had to pull him out by hand, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Memorial heroic in NHIAA Div. I basketball semifinal defeat - 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal