Home » News » Public Safety
Officials seek details after flash fire injuries at gas station
Fire officials investigate a underground gas tank explostion at the Mobil station on Hanover Street in Manchester on Monday. (DAVID LANE/UNION LEADER)
But a spokesman for their employer, Tank Tech Inc. of Blodgett, Mo., said both men are in stable condition at the MGH intensive care unit.
After speaking with Snow and the three other Tank Tech workers at the hospital, a city fire investigator was able to confirm the industrial work light ignited the flash fire, Burkush said.
"It was definitely an accident," the chief added.
All work being done on the site is suspended pending the conclusion of the investigation, he said.
"I don't believe so. I think the work at that site (Salem) has been completed," spokesman Jonathan McNeeley said.
McNeeley said none of the agencies indicated problems with equipment or procedures.
John Brewer, owner of Johnny B's Car Care across the street at 1004 Hanover St., helped the Tank Tech crew pull Scott from tank. He said the workers erected a tripod in the manway and intended to use it to winch Scott up with the cable. The tripod didn't work and the crew had to pull him out by hand, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads