Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Raymond man accused of abusing infant wants his statements to police thrown out
Moore is facing 14 counts of second-degree assault and six counts of endangering the welfare of a child in Rockingham County Superior Court for allegedly injuring his son between Dec. 10 and Dec. 28.
Police told Moore that they didn’t believe him, and that the medical evidence showed the injuries were caused by, “twisting and pulling the infant with tremendous force,” according to court records.
Public defender Larissa Kiers said in court papers that Moore was told by police that he had to be interviewed so he could be excluded as a suspect. He was then asked to give a statement about how his son was injured.
A police detective left Moore alone to write his statement, but when the officer returned, Moore “explained he didn’t step on the baby, but maybe sat on him,” Kiers said in a court motion.
“During the interview, Cavan made various statements,” Kiers said in court papers. “None of the statements are per se admissions, but Cavan tries to explain to the detective how the injuries may have occurred.”
The boy’s mother, Erica Moore, is also facing six misdemeanor counts of child endangerment in connection with the case.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Brothers accused of stealing candy from launderette - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
- No. 1 UConn women rout No. 2 Duke - 0
- Littleton boys earn victory over White Mountains - 0
- Bedford wrestlers top Goffstown - 0
- Patriots’ Wilfork maintains he’ll be back - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Bison are fast and furious - 0
- Central builds early lead, beats Pinkerton - 0
- Robust U.S. housing data point to strengthening economy - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424