Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Raymond man accused of abusing infant wants his statements to police thrown out
Moore is facing 14 counts of second-degree assault and six counts of endangering the welfare of a child in Rockingham County Superior Court for allegedly injuring his son between Dec. 10 and Dec. 28.
Police told Moore that they didn’t believe him, and that the medical evidence showed the injuries were caused by, “twisting and pulling the infant with tremendous force,” according to court records.
Public defender Larissa Kiers said in court papers that Moore was told by police that he had to be interviewed so he could be excluded as a suspect. He was then asked to give a statement about how his son was injured.
A police detective left Moore alone to write his statement, but when the officer returned, Moore “explained he didn’t step on the baby, but maybe sat on him,” Kiers said in a court motion.
“During the interview, Cavan made various statements,” Kiers said in court papers. “None of the statements are per se admissions, but Cavan tries to explain to the detective how the injuries may have occurred.”
The boy’s mother, Erica Moore, is also facing six misdemeanor counts of child endangerment in connection with the case.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Claremont man charged with arson in May fire - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- Suspected Pa. cop-killer Eric Frein taken into custody - 0
- Anonymous tip leads to arrest of moose poacher - 0
- Man facing robbery charges sentenced on probation violations - 0
- Victim in Hampton pedestrian crash files lawsuit against driver, town and state - 0
- Dover police say man broke into same business three times - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 0
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 0
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 0
- John Stossel: Incumbents almost always win - 0
School's out for voters
Trump fired up over NH mailer
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483