Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Mass. man accused of blackmail after sexual tryst with Salem man
William Gray, 48, was indicted by a grand jury on single counts of attempted theft by extortion and harassment, according to prosecutors. He faces up to 7 ½ to 15 years in prison if convicted by a jury on the attempted-theft charge, prosecutors said.
Gray was arrested by Salem police on May 9.
Gray’s lawyers have argued that the victim was not being entirely honest with police about the incident.
Salem police Detective Michael White testified at a court hearing in May that the two men decided to meet at a Friendly’s restaurant prior to their sexual encounter.
While riding as a passenger in the victim’s car, Gray “began to make statements that their encounter was recorded and he would disclose the encounter to his wife,” White testified. “He also began to recite personal information that the alleged victim did not give him.”
Police said Gray threatened the man again on April 17, telling him that he was calling from a nearby Salem motel and he was going “to go to (the victim’s) house with his boys and tell wife about his encounter,” if the man refused to pay the money, White testified.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 5
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 1
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 9
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief