Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Mass. man accused of blackmail after sexual tryst with Salem man
William Gray, 48, was indicted by a grand jury on single counts of attempted theft by extortion and harassment, according to prosecutors. He faces up to 7 ½ to 15 years in prison if convicted by a jury on the attempted-theft charge, prosecutors said.
Gray was arrested by Salem police on May 9.
Gray’s lawyers have argued that the victim was not being entirely honest with police about the incident.
Salem police Detective Michael White testified at a court hearing in May that the two men decided to meet at a Friendly’s restaurant prior to their sexual encounter.
While riding as a passenger in the victim’s car, Gray “began to make statements that their encounter was recorded and he would disclose the encounter to his wife,” White testified. “He also began to recite personal information that the alleged victim did not give him.”
Police said Gray threatened the man again on April 17, telling him that he was calling from a nearby Salem motel and he was going “to go to (the victim’s) house with his boys and tell wife about his encounter,” if the man refused to pay the money, White testified.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 2
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424