Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Nashua chief aims to reassure public in wake of robberies
In a joint meeting involving Police Chief John Seusing, the Nashua Police Commission and the Board of Aldermen, Seusing acknowledged the recent spike in violent crimes, maintaining the department is out in full force trying to resolve and prevent these incidents.
Alderman Lori Wilshire said that while crime in Nashua has typically occurred in more transient neighborhoods, she said the most recent robbery at Jeannette’s Market — which involved a young, female store clerk — has residents on edge.
Seusing said his department relies on the public for help. Providing information to police is critical in solving and preventing crimes, he said, adding any suspicious activity should be reported.
When a low-level drug dealer is arrested, Seusing said, it is just a matter of time until someone else steps in to take his or her place on the streets.
“Nashua has absolutely seen an increase in some very violent crime over the summer months, specifically robberies,” said Seusing, maintaining the Patrol Bureau is extremely proactive in trying to reduce and prevent these crimes, especially while the general population is asleep.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
The U.S. is a beacon still
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson
Red Sox's Holt has All-Star history
- Total Votes: 917