Home » Sports » Football » Patriots/NFL
Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Thompkins needs time
Over the past two seasons, 26 different receivers have gained at least 1,000 yards in a campaign. None of them has been rookies, which says something in itself. But more telling in comparison to Thompkins is how each of those players performed in the first game of his rookie season.
And which is why the Patriots see that afternoon’s flaws as part of the progression, not necessarily a problem.
“It’s not just one player. It’s not just K.T. It’s all of us that have to work harder to communicate, to be on the same page,” Brady said during his weekly Monday interview on WEEI radio. “When you’re in the first week of the year, there’s a lot of things that we can do better. There’s a lot of things that aren’t right yet.”
AN INJURY that might mean playing someone sooner than they’re ready could be the reported hamstring strain that Zach Sudfeld incurred. He didn’t play in the fourth quarter, and without him Michael Hoomanawanui is the only healthy tight end on the roster.
THE EFFORT by the Patriots’ defense Sunday might’ve been overlooked a bit because of the focus on the offense, but they’re deserving of credit. Not only did they keep Bills weapon C.J. Spiller to 2.5 yards per touch, Buffalo had only one drive longer than either six plays or 37 yards, and after the Pats fell behind they yielded the Bills only 74 yards on five offensive series.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
- Triumphant Boston celebrates Series in grand style - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 5
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans