Home » Sports » Football » Patriots/NFL
Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Thompkins needs time
Over the past two seasons, 26 different receivers have gained at least 1,000 yards in a campaign. None of them has been rookies, which says something in itself. But more telling in comparison to Thompkins is how each of those players performed in the first game of his rookie season.
And which is why the Patriots see that afternoon’s flaws as part of the progression, not necessarily a problem.
“It’s not just one player. It’s not just K.T. It’s all of us that have to work harder to communicate, to be on the same page,” Brady said during his weekly Monday interview on WEEI radio. “When you’re in the first week of the year, there’s a lot of things that we can do better. There’s a lot of things that aren’t right yet.”
AN INJURY that might mean playing someone sooner than they’re ready could be the reported hamstring strain that Zach Sudfeld incurred. He didn’t play in the fourth quarter, and without him Michael Hoomanawanui is the only healthy tight end on the roster.
THE EFFORT by the Patriots’ defense Sunday might’ve been overlooked a bit because of the focus on the offense, but they’re deserving of credit. Not only did they keep Bills weapon C.J. Spiller to 2.5 yards per touch, Buffalo had only one drive longer than either six plays or 37 yards, and after the Pats fell behind they yielded the Bills only 74 yards on five offensive series.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Hour of Code' taps student creativity - 1
- Fired Epping children's librarian gets public hearing - 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
- Nashua Board of Education signals new leadership - 0
- PSU adjunct faculty members approve three-year contract - 0
- UNH, trustees seek to reverse arbitrator's decision to reinstate professor - 13
- NH students take part in computer education week - 0
- Math world stunned by UNH lecturer's find - 3
- Consultant report on UNH Manchester issues almost done - 4
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child