Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Red Sox to open 2014 on March 31 in Baltimore
It will be the earliest Opening Day for the Sox since 2008, when they began the season in Japan against the Oakland Athletics.
After the three-game series in Baltimore, the Sox will come home and open Fenway Park on April 4 with an interleague series against the Milwaukee Brewers. The Texas Rangers will also come to town during the opening six-game homestand.
Other interleague visitors in 2014 will be the Cincinnati Reds (May 6-7), Atlanta Braves (May 28-29) and Theo Epstein’s Chicago Cubs (June 30-July 2).
The Red Sox will play their first series in a National League park when they visit Atlanta’s Turner Field, May 26-27 for two games that immediately precede the Braves’ two-game set at Fenway.
Boston’s last homestand of the season will include games aganst the Rays Sept. 23-25 and the Yankees Sept. 26-28.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth's Memorial Bridge named one of Top 10 bridges of 2013 - 0
- Spaulding Turnpike exact-change lanes to be removed by Friday - 0
- Oddities of winter parking rules - 0
- State highway plan called 'fiscally restrained' - 0
- Senate president tells highway department to 'live within its means' - 0
- Bridge that connects Nashua with Merrimack will be closed for 15 months - 0
- Route 12A reopened to alternating one-way traffic - 0
- Traffic on Rockingham Road in Derry returning to normal - 0
- Wider I-293 may have to wait without more toll revenue - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
- State settles $24.5M lawsuit to force help for mentally ill - 0
- Groton Wind turbines slated to start turning again shortly - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 0
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 0
Ice storm threatens the region
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass