Home » News » Public Safety
School bus snags cable TV wires in Merrimack
MERRIMACK — A school bus carrying Bedford students was stopped briefly on Tuesday morning when the vehicle’s roof came into contact with cable television wires.
According to police, the local fire department responded around 8:30 a.m. to Canterbury Way for a report of wires on top of an occupied school bus.
“There were several students on the bus, but there were no injuries,” said Sgt. Joseph Goodridge of the Merrimack Police Department.
A nearby homeowner had reported that a tractor-trailer recently hit the cable wires, which resulted in the wires hanging lower than usual, according to Goodridge. The bus driver did not notice the wires, but immediately stopped upon coming into contact with them, said police, who were unsure whether the students were evacuated from the bus.
Fire crews arrived to safely remove the wires from the vehicle and had left the scene within minutes, said Goodridge.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads