Home » News » Public Safety
School bus snags cable TV wires in Merrimack
MERRIMACK — A school bus carrying Bedford students was stopped briefly on Tuesday morning when the vehicle’s roof came into contact with cable television wires.
According to police, the local fire department responded around 8:30 a.m. to Canterbury Way for a report of wires on top of an occupied school bus.
“There were several students on the bus, but there were no injuries,” said Sgt. Joseph Goodridge of the Merrimack Police Department.
A nearby homeowner had reported that a tractor-trailer recently hit the cable wires, which resulted in the wires hanging lower than usual, according to Goodridge. The bus driver did not notice the wires, but immediately stopped upon coming into contact with them, said police, who were unsure whether the students were evacuated from the bus.
Fire crews arrived to safely remove the wires from the vehicle and had left the scene within minutes, said Goodridge.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
- Wakefield woman dies in crash; Rye woman crashes into utility pole - 0
- Wakefield woman killed in Milton crash - 0
- Portsmouth police locate, arrest driver after accident - 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
- Plaistow police chief passes away after battle with cancer - 0
- Fire damages building at Jaffrey transfer station - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bonners host charity music festival in Portsmouth - 0
- He knows the Memorial Wall, name by name - 0
- NH to host New England governors, Eastern Canadian premiers in Mount Washington - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain