DOE gears up for hearings on Northern Pass project
• In Concord on Monday, Sept. 23, from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Grappone Conference Center, 70 Constitution Ave;
• In Plymouth on Tuesday, Sept. 24, from 5 to 8 p.m. in Plymouth, at Plymouth State University, Silver Center for the Arts, Hanaway Theater, 17 High St.;
• In West Stewartstown on Thursday, Sept. 26, from 5 to 8 p.m. at The Spa Restaurant, 869 Washington St. (this location may change).
According to the Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests, an active project opponent, more than 2,000 people attended the 2011 hearings, and hundreds voiced their concerns about the project’s potential impacts. “Fewer than 20 people expressed support for Northern Pass,” according to the society website.
Requests to speak received by Sept. 18 will be given priority in the speaking order, even though requests can be made at the meetings.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Obama's indecision: In NH, only Ayotte urges action - 29
- Concealed controversy: Our 'Mother, may I' gun policy - 22
- Innis in the 1st: A strong choice for Congress - 10
- Obama waits: A terror threat grows - 41
- For U.S. Senate, Scott Brown best NH candidate come November - 68
- Race and policing: America has a problem - 0
- Strength in faith: Gaining it from Jim Foley's family - 0
- Playing chicken: Treating voters like idiots - 0
- Perry’s indictment: An abuse of the legal system - 24
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
KSC field hockey first in coaches poll
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate