DOE gears up for hearings on Northern Pass project
• In Concord on Monday, Sept. 23, from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Grappone Conference Center, 70 Constitution Ave;
• In Plymouth on Tuesday, Sept. 24, from 5 to 8 p.m. in Plymouth, at Plymouth State University, Silver Center for the Arts, Hanaway Theater, 17 High St.;
• In West Stewartstown on Thursday, Sept. 26, from 5 to 8 p.m. at The Spa Restaurant, 869 Washington St. (this location may change).
According to the Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests, an active project opponent, more than 2,000 people attended the 2011 hearings, and hundreds voiced their concerns about the project’s potential impacts. “Fewer than 20 people expressed support for Northern Pass,” according to the society website.
Requests to speak received by Sept. 18 will be given priority in the speaking order, even though requests can be made at the meetings.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Parents share what makes Abigail a special girl - 1
- Abigail's mother speaks of hope on ABC's Good Morning America - 0
- South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies at 95 - 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 10
- Charitable organizations raise money, and lift spirits with Christmas tree sales - 0
- Holiday edition reminder to our readers - 1
- 600 gather for New Horizons soup kitchen, shelter fundraiser - 0
- Conn. school shooting probe ends with gunman's motives unknown - 43
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'