DOE gears up for hearings on Northern Pass project
• In Concord on Monday, Sept. 23, from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Grappone Conference Center, 70 Constitution Ave;
• In Plymouth on Tuesday, Sept. 24, from 5 to 8 p.m. in Plymouth, at Plymouth State University, Silver Center for the Arts, Hanaway Theater, 17 High St.;
• In West Stewartstown on Thursday, Sept. 26, from 5 to 8 p.m. at The Spa Restaurant, 869 Washington St. (this location may change).
According to the Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests, an active project opponent, more than 2,000 people attended the 2011 hearings, and hundreds voiced their concerns about the project’s potential impacts. “Fewer than 20 people expressed support for Northern Pass,” according to the society website.
Requests to speak received by Sept. 18 will be given priority in the speaking order, even though requests can be made at the meetings.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Pipeline's NH route moves to top choice - 5
- Peterborough receives EPA ‘green power’ award - 0
- Work on largest solar project in state begins in Peterborough - 0
- 24-mile transmission line project could begin in late 2016 - 0
- Conflict rises over Millsfield agreement with wind farm - 0
- New Hampshire's energy future in 'crisis' - 53
- Gas pipeline talk in southern NH surprises many officials in towns by alternative route - 1
- Wind-power developer eyes Alexandria area again - 2
- Keystone bill passes U.S. House - 42
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 0
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.