Off to Spain
Hollis-Brookline Rotary sends Timberlane Regional student to Spain
Because the district does not have a formal student exchange program, Miller’s trip is being sponsored by the Hollis-Brookline Rotary Club. However, Miller said she is hoping her trip will help pave the way for the district to establish an exchange program in the future.
“Two years ago I had the idea that instead of going abroad in college, it might be possible in high school,” she said.
Miller said studying abroad was not an option through the school district or the local Rotary Club.
“I’ll be taking classes with other students and will be completely immersed in Spanish,” she said. “The city has 1.5 million people, so it’s obviously very different from our towns. That’s part of the idea, to go someplace completely different.”
“That’s very new by European standards,” said Miller.
The school year in Seville is about the same length as the school year in New Hampshire, and Miller said she will be returning home next summer.
“It doesn’t just have an effect on us as students, it also has an effect on the community, the families and the schools,” she said.
“We are very proud of you,” he told Miller. “You will bring so much back to us.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Hour of Code' taps student creativity - 1
- Fired Epping children's librarian gets public hearing - 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
- Nashua Board of Education signals new leadership - 0
- PSU adjunct faculty members approve three-year contract - 0
- UNH, trustees seek to reverse arbitrator's decision to reinstate professor - 13
- NH students take part in computer education week - 0
- Math world stunned by UNH lecturer's find - 3
- Consultant report on UNH Manchester issues almost done - 4
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383