Deroy Murdock: Would you trust this President to lead us into war?
In fact, on Aug. 20, 2012, Obama said, "We have been very clear to the Assad regime…that a red line for us is, we start seeing a whole bunch of chemical weapons moving around or being utilized."
On Aug. 30, Obama had an uncharacteristically bellicose Secretary of State John Kerry virtually announce that 'bombing begins in five minutes.' One day later, Obama virtually announced that 'debate begins in five minutes.' Obama said he wanted Congress to permit hostilities. But rather than summon lawmakers to Washington, Obama let Congress' summer vacation rage on.
• Obama last June authorized the CIA to provide arms to the Free Syrian Army. "As of right now, they haven't received one weapon from the United States," Sen. John McCain, R–Ariz., lamented. "Reports are that the United States has constrained other countries from giving them the kinds of things they need."
"Most people were like down in the Situation Room and (the President) was like, 'I'm not going to be down there, I can't watch this entire thing,'" Love said. "So," referring to Obama, himself, and two other staffers, "we must have played 15 hands, 15 games of spades."
• According to a conservative watchdog group called the Government Accountability Institute, Obama skipped 58 percent of his presidential daily briefs between his first inaugural and last March 31. During the entire week before last Sept. 11's massacre in Benghazi, Libya, Obama missed these interactive sessions with top intelligence personnel.
Amid epic chaos, Obama instills no confidence. This helps explain why so many Americans are reluctant to march to the wavering beat of this unsteady drummer.
Deroy Murdock is a Fox News contributor, a nationally syndicated columnist with the Scripps Howard News Service, and a media fellow with the Hoover Institution on War, Revolution and Peace at Stanford University.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
Hooksett confident contract to send students to Pinkerton doesn't violate Manchester settlement