Deroy Murdock: Would you trust this President to lead us into war?
In fact, on Aug. 20, 2012, Obama said, "We have been very clear to the Assad regime…that a red line for us is, we start seeing a whole bunch of chemical weapons moving around or being utilized."
On Aug. 30, Obama had an uncharacteristically bellicose Secretary of State John Kerry virtually announce that 'bombing begins in five minutes.' One day later, Obama virtually announced that 'debate begins in five minutes.' Obama said he wanted Congress to permit hostilities. But rather than summon lawmakers to Washington, Obama let Congress' summer vacation rage on.
• Obama last June authorized the CIA to provide arms to the Free Syrian Army. "As of right now, they haven't received one weapon from the United States," Sen. John McCain, R–Ariz., lamented. "Reports are that the United States has constrained other countries from giving them the kinds of things they need."
"Most people were like down in the Situation Room and (the President) was like, 'I'm not going to be down there, I can't watch this entire thing,'" Love said. "So," referring to Obama, himself, and two other staffers, "we must have played 15 hands, 15 games of spades."
• According to a conservative watchdog group called the Government Accountability Institute, Obama skipped 58 percent of his presidential daily briefs between his first inaugural and last March 31. During the entire week before last Sept. 11's massacre in Benghazi, Libya, Obama missed these interactive sessions with top intelligence personnel.
Amid epic chaos, Obama instills no confidence. This helps explain why so many Americans are reluctant to march to the wavering beat of this unsteady drummer.
Deroy Murdock is a Fox News contributor, a nationally syndicated columnist with the Scripps Howard News Service, and a media fellow with the Hoover Institution on War, Revolution and Peace at Stanford University.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Secret arrests? Not if we can help it - 5
- Process and law: Foster's questionable circumvention - 1
- The courage of Boston: The courage of America - 1
- Downhill: Obamacare vs. ski areas - 24
- 'He is risen': 'As he said' - 1
- A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data - 10
- City budget talk: How about solutions instead? - 2
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 7
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry councilors critical of town’s economic development website - 0
- Candia teen faces more counts in connection with burglary - 0
- Suspect arrested, loot recovered 10 minutes after Derry bank robbery - 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
High School Volleyball results
Bruins shut out Wings
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing