Boston bombing victims to be remembered at 9/11 event in Rindge
Remember to Remember September 11 is a reading of the names of the 2,977 people who were killed by the terrorist attack against the United States on Sept. 11, 2001, and has been taking place at the outdoor cathedral every Sept. 11 since 2008.
In the years following the attack he helped organize the recording of the names that are now played at Sept. 11 memorials across the country.
“That’s something we’ve all agreed to do. The marathon people killed will become part of what we do,” he said.
“So I will read their names just prior to the reading of the Sept. 11 names and this is sort of in the tradition of Memorial Day as the years went by and the wars went by Memorial Day grew and grew,” he said. “Anytime an American is killed on American soil by a terrorist attack we will add those people’s names to the memorial. This is part of what we have to live with now.”
“Even if it’s just 15 minutes, come by and pay your respects for a few minutes,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Thomas Sowell: A primer on race and do-gooders - 0
- Ramesh Ponnuru: There is no basis for liberal Hobby Lobby outrage - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: NH energy projects should produce wins for everyone - 15
- Another View - Kevin Baine: No, the Hobby Lobby ruling won't deny anyone contraception - 6
- Jonah Goldberg: Liberals dislike America - 2
- Another View -- David Ignatius: Iran overplays its hand - 0
- John Stossel: There's capitalism, and then there's crony capitalism - 1
- David Harsanyi: Not surprising more Americans believe freedom is overrated - 1
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Water-loving dogs should be watched so they don't overdo it - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax