Boston bombing victims to be remembered at 9/11 event in Rindge
Remember to Remember September 11 is a reading of the names of the 2,977 people who were killed by the terrorist attack against the United States on Sept. 11, 2001, and has been taking place at the outdoor cathedral every Sept. 11 since 2008.
In the years following the attack he helped organize the recording of the names that are now played at Sept. 11 memorials across the country.
“That’s something we’ve all agreed to do. The marathon people killed will become part of what we do,” he said.
“So I will read their names just prior to the reading of the Sept. 11 names and this is sort of in the tradition of Memorial Day as the years went by and the wars went by Memorial Day grew and grew,” he said. “Anytime an American is killed on American soil by a terrorist attack we will add those people’s names to the memorial. This is part of what we have to live with now.”
“Even if it’s just 15 minutes, come by and pay your respects for a few minutes,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Bow man sworned in as New Hampshire's Army civilian aide - 0
- Freedom Salute for NH Guard unit is Saturday in Concord - 0
- New squadron operations building at Pease ANG base opens - 0
- Military says ordnance blast killed four U.S. Marines in California - 0
- Pakistani Taliban chief killed in drone strike, possibly scuttling peace talks - 0
- USS Alexandria arrives at Portsmouth shipyard - 0
- Officials say U.S. commandos capture al Qaeda leader in Libya, also raid Somalia - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Has your impression of President Obama's leadership changed as a result of his handling of the Syrian crisis?
- More Positive
- More Negative
- Total Votes: 1661