Home » News » Roads and Travel
Summer season's over...Ready for a little I-93 night paving?
The New Hampshire Department of Transportation (NHDOT) is notifying commuters that cold planing and pavement resurfacing operations will take place overnight on the I-93 Exit 11 on and off ramps at the Hooksett tolls tonight through Wednesday night, weather permitting. The work will require traffic on I-93 to be detoured to the next exit for access to Route 3A. Traffic on Route 3A will also be detoured to access I-93. The detours will be in place from approximately 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Jay Levine, New Hampshire Department of Transportation I-93 coordinating supervisor, said workers continue installing drainage across I-93 north and south through this Friday, part of the new Exit 2 Interchange construction work in Salem. Weather permitting, the work will take place during non-commuter hours, from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. on I-93 northbound, and 8 p.m. through 5 a.m. southbound. Traffic on I-93 north and south will be reduced to one lane. This work is part of the $41 million I-93 widening and reconstruction project in the vicinity of Exit 2, handled by George R. Cairns & Sons, Inc. of Windham. Work is expected to continue until 2015.
“They aren’t required to, but their goal is to shift the traffic this year,” Levine said.
R.S. Audley Inc. of Bow secured the $35.1 million contract for the I-93 southbound widening project at Exit 3 in Windham, which includes work at the interchange with Route 111.
Levine and New Hampshire State Police Troop B commander Chris Wagner, whose officers patrol I-93, are pleased with how drivers have handled construction this year.
For more information about the project, including diagrams, contract descriptions and costs, visit www.rebuildingi93.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Thomas Sowell: A primer on race and do-gooders - 0
- Ramesh Ponnuru: There is no basis for liberal Hobby Lobby outrage - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: NH energy projects should produce wins for everyone - 15
- Another View - Kevin Baine: No, the Hobby Lobby ruling won't deny anyone contraception - 6
- Jonah Goldberg: Liberals dislike America - 2
- Another View -- David Ignatius: Iran overplays its hand - 0
- John Stossel: There's capitalism, and then there's crony capitalism - 1
- David Harsanyi: Not surprising more Americans believe freedom is overrated - 1
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Water-loving dogs should be watched so they don't overdo it - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax