Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Dover murder suspect Mazzaglia will turn over handwriting samples
A judge granted the state’s motion compelling Mazzaglia to submit his handwriting for forensic examination on Aug. 19.
In the letters Mazzaglia, among other things, sets forth a detailed false account of the events that transpired with Marriott and directs McDonough to commit it to memory, according to court records.
According to court records, Mazzaglia later said he dumped Marriott’s body off Peirce Island in Portsmouth the night of the crime. Marriott’s body has never been recovered.
Mazzaglia was arrested on Oct. 12 and charged with Marriott’s murder, three days after the University of New Hampshire sophomore was reported missing by her family. He has been held without bail in county jail since then.
In July, McDonough pleaded guilty in Rockingham County Superior Court to hindering apprehension, conspiracy to commit hindering apprehension and witness tampering.
Mazzaglia’s defense has until Oct. 2 to file any motions to suppress evidence. So far, the defense has received over 4,000 pages of discovery, according to court records.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 1
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 5
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal