NH ski areas upgrade while the sun shines
But no matter what the improvements, snow is the ultimate king — whether made by machine or by Mother Nature.
Loon spokesman Greg Kwasnik said the resort is making $1.3 million in improvements this year, including new snow-making equipment that saves both time and energy.
He said the state’s larger ski areas look to open before the Thanksgiving holiday while “the rest of our smaller ski areas shoot for December.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Crabapple trees great for wildlife in winter - 0
- Alex Preston makes top 10; with go on tour with 'American Idol' - 0
- Pinkerton contract defeat leads to talk of new school - 0
- Gaining independence back through adaptive skiing - 0
- Telling Your Family Story returns to Loeb School - 0
- Salem Public Works employee says she was harassed - 0
- Saul O Sidore Lecture Series at PSU presents Thomas F. Lee 'The Promises and Perils of the New Biology' - 0
- 'Shrek' to be Prescott Park Arts Festival's 2014 Summer Musical - 0
- Win tickets to see Billy Idol - 0
Win tickets to see Cheap Trick
Win tickets to see Billy Idol
Manchester actress Kaleigh Cronin visits Jersey before heading to Big Apple's Great White Way with role in 'Cabaret'
Win tickets to see Rusted Root & The Wailers
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown announces exploratory committee for US Senate run
NH Supreme Court: Protecting police from liability more important than rights of man wrongly accused of rape
Manchester police pursuit ends in arrest