Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parkside PTG revs up for big raffle
Of course there are the annual concerns with class sizes and miscommunications, but we all need to be a little patient and give our teachers and administrators time to work out the kinks. They are doing the best they can with the resources they have, and as one fellow parent pointed out, we shouldn't expect our schools to be solely responsible for our children's education.
To purchase your raffle ticket or just make a donation, call 759-0117 or 669-8165 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if you do not purchase a raffle ticket, you can attend the event and participate in some smaller raffles they have planned.
A Bedford mom recently launched a T-shirt line that celebrates something I can relate to — the craziness of raising boys. The Man in Training line by Colette Jurnak features graphics of a blonde boy in various situations of mischief, like presenting a bouquet pulled fresh from the garden, clogging a commode with toys, and riding a toy train down a skateboard ramp.
Fall classes at Manchester Community Music School start this week. There are several new programs, including a drop-in option for the early childhood class and even a prenatal class for expectant moms. Luke Bonner, who works for the Manchester marketing agency Griffin, York and Krause, visited the school to present CEO Jeanine Tousignant with a $1,000 check from The Rock On Foundation, which Bonner founded with his brother, Matt Bonner of the San Antonio Spurs.
NH365.ORG Event of the Week
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Manchester invites individuals, families and businesses to participate in the inaugural Fore the Children Mini Golf Tournament at Legends Golf and Family Recreation in Hooksett on Sunday.
Registration opens at 10:30 a.m. and the tournament and other festivities begin at 11 a.m. To register online, visit www.bbbsmanchester.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua fourth-graders show significant gains in science - 0
- UNH math professor earns prestigious MacArthur Fellowship - 0
- School emergency notification system to launch in Londonderry - 0
- New Nashua computer curriculum stresses exam, lifetime skills - 0
- Manchester teachers to hold 2nd contract vote following voting hours complaints - 26
- Alton educator selected as NH Teacher of the Year - 0
- USNH: Restore funding and we'll freeze tuition - 5
- Manchester, Hooksett will resume schools conversation - 2
- River Valley Community College planning for new president's inauguration - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 0
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it