Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parkside PTG revs up for big raffle
Of course there are the annual concerns with class sizes and miscommunications, but we all need to be a little patient and give our teachers and administrators time to work out the kinks. They are doing the best they can with the resources they have, and as one fellow parent pointed out, we shouldn't expect our schools to be solely responsible for our children's education.
To purchase your raffle ticket or just make a donation, call 759-0117 or 669-8165 or email email@example.com. Even if you do not purchase a raffle ticket, you can attend the event and participate in some smaller raffles they have planned.
A Bedford mom recently launched a T-shirt line that celebrates something I can relate to — the craziness of raising boys. The Man in Training line by Colette Jurnak features graphics of a blonde boy in various situations of mischief, like presenting a bouquet pulled fresh from the garden, clogging a commode with toys, and riding a toy train down a skateboard ramp.
Fall classes at Manchester Community Music School start this week. There are several new programs, including a drop-in option for the early childhood class and even a prenatal class for expectant moms. Luke Bonner, who works for the Manchester marketing agency Griffin, York and Krause, visited the school to present CEO Jeanine Tousignant with a $1,000 check from The Rock On Foundation, which Bonner founded with his brother, Matt Bonner of the San Antonio Spurs.
NH365.ORG Event of the Week
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Manchester invites individuals, families and businesses to participate in the inaugural Fore the Children Mini Golf Tournament at Legends Golf and Family Recreation in Hooksett on Sunday.
Registration opens at 10:30 a.m. and the tournament and other festivities begin at 11 a.m. To register online, visit www.bbbsmanchester.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Johnson poised to win sixth Sprint Cup crown - 0
- Hamlin on pole for Sunday's Goody's 500 at Martinsville - 0
- Truck Series will return to Loudon Sept. 20 - 0
- McMurray winsat Talladega.; Jimmie Johnson takes Chase lead - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Ford Fall Brawl has plenty of big names - 0
- NHMS gets Sprint Cup schedule; trucks returning - 2
- Brad Keselowski outduels Kasey Kahne to return to victory lane - 0
- Harvick takes Kansas; Kenseth’s Nascar Sprint Cup lead dented - 0
- Pines Speedway Reunion set in Groveland, Mass. - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Greenfield planners seek input on Heritage District plan proposal - 0
Granite Grok - Steve MacDonald: Anti-libertarian Dem. Cynthia Chase turns attention to home education
There are no little jobs in the armed forces
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings