Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parkside PTG revs up for big raffle
Of course there are the annual concerns with class sizes and miscommunications, but we all need to be a little patient and give our teachers and administrators time to work out the kinks. They are doing the best they can with the resources they have, and as one fellow parent pointed out, we shouldn't expect our schools to be solely responsible for our children's education.
To purchase your raffle ticket or just make a donation, call 759-0117 or 669-8165 or email email@example.com. Even if you do not purchase a raffle ticket, you can attend the event and participate in some smaller raffles they have planned.
A Bedford mom recently launched a T-shirt line that celebrates something I can relate to — the craziness of raising boys. The Man in Training line by Colette Jurnak features graphics of a blonde boy in various situations of mischief, like presenting a bouquet pulled fresh from the garden, clogging a commode with toys, and riding a toy train down a skateboard ramp.
Fall classes at Manchester Community Music School start this week. There are several new programs, including a drop-in option for the early childhood class and even a prenatal class for expectant moms. Luke Bonner, who works for the Manchester marketing agency Griffin, York and Krause, visited the school to present CEO Jeanine Tousignant with a $1,000 check from The Rock On Foundation, which Bonner founded with his brother, Matt Bonner of the San Antonio Spurs.
NH365.ORG Event of the Week
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Manchester invites individuals, families and businesses to participate in the inaugural Fore the Children Mini Golf Tournament at Legends Golf and Family Recreation in Hooksett on Sunday.
Registration opens at 10:30 a.m. and the tournament and other festivities begin at 11 a.m. To register online, visit www.bbbsmanchester.org.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- More than 1,800 people attend calling hours for Marine - 5
- Greenfield family receives body of Garabrant, veterans offer tribute to Marine killed in Afghanistan - 3
- Fallen Marine to return to NH on Saturday; calling hours, service set for next week in Peterborough - 0
- Monadnock area family of killed Marine travels to Delaware for arrival of body - 0
- ISIS' victories may win it recruits from rival Syrian rebel groups - 0
- Bomb kills NH Marine - 2
- NH Marine killed by roadside bomb in Afghanistan - 7
- General: Iraq asks U.S. for air support to stop rebels - 0
- U.S. cuts embassy staff in Baghdad as insurgents approach Iraqi capital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax