Home » Opinion » Editorials
Right to know nothing? NH can learn from CMC's lead
CMC could have left it at that. But rather than let rumors spread, Dr. Pepe informed the news media and did a good job of educating the public about a little-known, little-understood disease.
This from the same state government that oversees a state pension system that overpaid two retirees by more than half a million dollars. When a settlement of those cases was announced, we were refused the details until we filed a right-to-know request. Turns out, the pair will repay $40,000, just a fraction of what was overpaid.
They should be equally upset that their government keeps so much public information from them in the first place.
Information like the state knowing for months that Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield's Obamacare offering will exclude a dozen hospitals and related physician offices across the state.
Hassan, captain of what she likes to call our "all hands on deck state," might set a better example of sharing information with the "crew" of the S.S. New Hampshire.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal - 4
- Bedford’s road bond: A good deal for a big fix - 1
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 19
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 21
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 10
- Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again - 2
- Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council - 1
- Insurance exchange: NH Dems, GOP switch sides - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- AG petitions judge to remove Rockingham County attorney from office - 0
- Poll activity slow but steady in Londonderry - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus