Home » Opinion » Editorials
Right to know nothing? NH can learn from CMC's lead
CMC could have left it at that. But rather than let rumors spread, Dr. Pepe informed the news media and did a good job of educating the public about a little-known, little-understood disease.
This from the same state government that oversees a state pension system that overpaid two retirees by more than half a million dollars. When a settlement of those cases was announced, we were refused the details until we filed a right-to-know request. Turns out, the pair will repay $40,000, just a fraction of what was overpaid.
They should be equally upset that their government keeps so much public information from them in the first place.
Information like the state knowing for months that Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield's Obamacare offering will exclude a dozen hospitals and related physician offices across the state.
Hassan, captain of what she likes to call our "all hands on deck state," might set a better example of sharing information with the "crew" of the S.S. New Hampshire.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 29
- The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw - 30
- Smith schools Hassan: Leadership in Londonderry - 0
- Where officers live: Manchester is missing the point - 4
- Leo Bernier: For Hillsborough County Commission - 0
- Insurance exchanges Sam's Club or Obama's club? - 11
- Garcia and Guinta: For a change, send them to DC - 22
- Jeanne's travel ban: She doesn't want Obama here - 14
- Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks - 9
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs
School's out for voters