Home » Opinion » Editorials
Right to know nothing? NH can learn from CMC's lead
CMC could have left it at that. But rather than let rumors spread, Dr. Pepe informed the news media and did a good job of educating the public about a little-known, little-understood disease.
This from the same state government that oversees a state pension system that overpaid two retirees by more than half a million dollars. When a settlement of those cases was announced, we were refused the details until we filed a right-to-know request. Turns out, the pair will repay $40,000, just a fraction of what was overpaid.
They should be equally upset that their government keeps so much public information from them in the first place.
Information like the state knowing for months that Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield's Obamacare offering will exclude a dozen hospitals and related physician offices across the state.
Hassan, captain of what she likes to call our "all hands on deck state," might set a better example of sharing information with the "crew" of the S.S. New Hampshire.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal - 3
- Bedford’s road bond: A good deal for a big fix - 1
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 18
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 21
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 10
- Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again - 2
- Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council - 1
- Insurance exchange: NH Dems, GOP switch sides - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth