Home » Opinion » Editorials
Guns for defense: A daily occurrence
Police later arrested Jonathan Rodriguez and charged him with armed robbery (four counts), first degree assault, simple assault, criminal threatening, resisting arrest and falsifying physical evidence. But for Nelson's gun, the attempted robbery might have gone very differently.
The report, written by a team of experts for the National Research Council, was completed in June. But you probably have heard nothing about it. Its conclusions were not to the Obama administration's liking.
The irresponsible and criminal use of firearms is a major problem, to be sure. But it's the user, not the gun, that is the issue - which is why the anti-gun administration let this report slip quietly into obscurity.
READER COMMENTS: 14
- To remember the POW and MIA: Recognition Day ceremony in Boscawen - 0
- Goffstown High grad finishes Air Force training - 0
- JFK picture on side of Dallas tour bus draws ire, threats - 0
- Yellowstone tourist fined for crashed drone - 0
- FBI chief claims killer of Foley and Sotloff is identified - 0
- FBI says militant in beheading videos ID'd; about a dozen from U.S. have fought with militants in Syria - 0
- U.S., Arab partners launch first strikes on Islamic State in Syria - 16
- Obama to make statement after airstrikes against Islamic State, White House official says - 3
- US opens new front against Islamic State with airstrikes in Syria - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 1
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 0
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 0
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 0
- Carignan promoted to deputy police chief in Nashua - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Meat cleaver has key role in threats, assault case - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
Jonee Earthquake band shakes Shaskeen