Home » News » Public Safety
5-year-old missing in Gilmanton found safe in Loudon
She was found wandering alone outside a home on the other side of the woods, on Blake Road in Loudon, in "excellent" condition, Juneau said. She was quickly returned to her worried parents.
"She probably walked a couple of miles," Juneau said. "She had mud up to her clothes, and she probably has a few more bug bites, but she was evaluated and found to be in excellent shape."
"They were playing a game and she got excited and ran off," he said. "The other children came home without her, and the search began."
Also arriving to help was the Upper Valley Wilderness Response Team, which conducts searches with trained dogs. Local and area police and firefighters were called as well.
A firefighter from Bradford who did not want to be identified volunteered to stand at the bottom of Rollins Pond Road, keeping people from entering the search area.
Dozens of neighbors lined the road leading up to the house early Sunday evening, all hoping to help search.
"We'll do anything to help," said neighbor Tamara Stevens.
"It's always nice to have it end like this, and I want to thank everyone who volunteered to help, especially all the law enforcement agencies," Juneau said. "We were ready to search all night if necessary."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- House approves regulations on prepaid oil contracts - 0
- Gorham voters approve all articles on town warrant - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Jacob Brown - 0
- 2 dead, at least 18 injured in NYC building explosion - 1
- Milan voters support Kenney in tight race, elect two new selectmen - 0
- Auburn police contract approved - 0
- Newton selectmen chairman defeated in election - 0
- Candia to look at alternatives to Central High School - 0
NH oil dealer who failed to deliver convicted in Montana of millions in construction fraud
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal