Home » News » Public Safety
5-year-old missing in Gilmanton found safe in Loudon
She was found wandering alone outside a home on the other side of the woods, on Blake Road in Loudon, in "excellent" condition, Juneau said. She was quickly returned to her worried parents.
"She probably walked a couple of miles," Juneau said. "She had mud up to her clothes, and she probably has a few more bug bites, but she was evaluated and found to be in excellent shape."
"They were playing a game and she got excited and ran off," he said. "The other children came home without her, and the search began."
Also arriving to help was the Upper Valley Wilderness Response Team, which conducts searches with trained dogs. Local and area police and firefighters were called as well.
A firefighter from Bradford who did not want to be identified volunteered to stand at the bottom of Rollins Pond Road, keeping people from entering the search area.
Dozens of neighbors lined the road leading up to the house early Sunday evening, all hoping to help search.
"We'll do anything to help," said neighbor Tamara Stevens.
"It's always nice to have it end like this, and I want to thank everyone who volunteered to help, especially all the law enforcement agencies," Juneau said. "We were ready to search all night if necessary."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 0
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Water main break in downtown Nashua - 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 6
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 1
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief