Ted Siefer's City Hall: Gatsas touts Craig's appointment to city post
Gatsas also said of Craig: "He's a lifelong resident of Manchester. He's a great communicator. I believe he knows city and state government."
In case you were wondering, Craig has a family connection to Ward 1 Alderman Joyce Craig. Her husband is Jim Craig's first cousin. Still, Craig knows and likes the guy.
- - - - - - -
Alderman Patrick Arnold continues to make crime a central issue in his bid for mayor. On Thursday, his campaign issued a statement proposing a four-point plan to "fight crime in Manchester."
"He's an alderman. I'm shocked he wouldn't bring his proposal to the full board, or at least have the chief take a look at its worthiness," Gatsas said.
The top-line proposal in Arnold's plan is to increase the total police force by three to four officers a year over the next five years.
How's that exactly? "It's a question of priorities," he told me. In other words, money would be reallocated from elsewhere in the budget.
Last week, the aldermen voted to move forward on a $60,000 proposal to rehab Harriman Park, situated in the center city area. As part of the plan, the old basketball courts, which are no longer being used, would be replaced with a parking lot. Maybe there's a lost lyric there.
READER COMMENTS: 50
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: School board gives cool nod to STEAM - 13
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Manchester elections held thrill of victory and near victory - 2
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: World Series it wasn't, but debate had some hits - 6
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was a week of finger-pointing in Manchester politics - 67
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Mayoral debate came down to a question of project financing - 9
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Candidate Beauchamp declines to discuss his past - 3
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Greazzo's attention to detail keeps board honest - 8
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Candidates remain casual about campaign finance rules - 1
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Primary over, Manchester races getting interesting - 7
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released