NHIAA Football Roundup: Exeter High gridders ease past Dover
Inzenga, a senior fullback/defensive back, scored three touchdowns during a 10-minute span in the first half to drain all of the suspense from Exeter's season opener against Dover, a game the Blue Hawks won 48-6.
The Blue Hawks, who have won the last two Division I championships, also received touchdown runs from Ryan Kelly (17 yards), Mark Cicchini (60), Ryan Quimby (7) and James Peel (70). Exeter led 14-0 after one quarter, 34-0 at halftime and 41-0 after three quarters. Running time kicked in after Quimby's TD.
Exeter will play at Keene on Saturday night.
"The win is a positive and gives you a little momentum heading into next week," Ball said. "The road gets tougher."
Merrimack 47, Goffstown 20: Connor Bourque had two touchdowns and Casey Gervais threw for 155 yards and two TDs, but it was not enough for Goffstown.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth's Memorial Bridge named one of Top 10 bridges of 2013 - 0
- Spaulding Turnpike exact-change lanes to be removed by Friday - 0
- Oddities of winter parking rules - 0
- State highway plan called 'fiscally restrained' - 0
- Senate president tells highway department to 'live within its means' - 0
- Bridge that connects Nashua with Merrimack will be closed for 15 months - 0
- Route 12A reopened to alternating one-way traffic - 0
- Traffic on Rockingham Road in Derry returning to normal - 0
- Wider I-293 may have to wait without more toll revenue - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
- State settles $24.5M lawsuit to force help for mentally ill - 0
- Groton Wind turbines slated to start turning again shortly - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 0
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 0
Ice storm threatens the region
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Beltran, Yankees make it official
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass