NHIAA Football Roundup: Exeter High gridders ease past Dover
Inzenga, a senior fullback/defensive back, scored three touchdowns during a 10-minute span in the first half to drain all of the suspense from Exeter's season opener against Dover, a game the Blue Hawks won 48-6.
The Blue Hawks, who have won the last two Division I championships, also received touchdown runs from Ryan Kelly (17 yards), Mark Cicchini (60), Ryan Quimby (7) and James Peel (70). Exeter led 14-0 after one quarter, 34-0 at halftime and 41-0 after three quarters. Running time kicked in after Quimby's TD.
Exeter will play at Keene on Saturday night.
"The win is a positive and gives you a little momentum heading into next week," Ball said. "The road gets tougher."
Merrimack 47, Goffstown 20: Connor Bourque had two touchdowns and Casey Gervais threw for 155 yards and two TDs, but it was not enough for Goffstown.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Since Day 1, a focus on excellence for Penmen - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Once more, with even more feeling - 0
- NH College Roundup: Dartmouth basketball team rips Maine - 0
- Dartmouth hockey team tops Harvard for first victory - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Defense drives Wildcats' bus -- all the way to Orono - 1
- Men's Hockey: DeSmith posts shutout as Wildcats sweep Colorado College - 0
- College Football: Complete victory sees UNH move on in FCS playoffs - 1
- College Sports Roundup: SNHU falls in PAL/Stovepipe hockey play - 0
- NH College Notebook: Six SNHU men's soccer players named to All-East Region team - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 3
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 4
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans