NHIAA Football: Bedford stuns Pinkerton
Pinkerton's ensuing possession ended when Nathaniel Jaeger intercepted a Jake Froehlich pass with 2:05 to play.
It was Bedford's first Division I game after competing in Division II last season.
Pinkerton running back Manny Latimore rushed for 134 yards on 19 carries, but was bothered by cramps in the second half.
Pinkerton grabbed a 6-0 lead when Latimore scored on a 46-yard run on the first play of the second quarter, but Bedford answered on the ensuing possession. The Bulldogs took over on their own 34 and needed eight plays to find the end zone. Colella scored the TD on an 18-yard run with 7:47 left in the half. McCoole's point-after kick handed Bedford a 7-6 lead.
Pinkerton went up 12-7 on Matt Madden's 1-yard run with 6:55 left in the third, but Pinkerton's offense struggled after that.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Outrage du jour Garcia, Sullivan and victimhood - 30
- Cyber Monday alarm: The sales tax monster rises - 7
- Mile marker: Londonderry trail’s first step - 0
- Definitely broken: City's winter parking ban - 2
- What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out' - 26
- Closing classrooms: Relief for Webster, Beech Street schools in Manchester.? - 2
- Unwanted professors: How does one get fired at UNH? - 15
- Bumped for Benghazi: A reporter is held accountable - 3
- Dangerous Iran deal: Weakening sanctions is senseless - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 2
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 4
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans