NHIAA Football: Bedford stuns Pinkerton
Pinkerton's ensuing possession ended when Nathaniel Jaeger intercepted a Jake Froehlich pass with 2:05 to play.
It was Bedford's first Division I game after competing in Division II last season.
Pinkerton running back Manny Latimore rushed for 134 yards on 19 carries, but was bothered by cramps in the second half.
Pinkerton grabbed a 6-0 lead when Latimore scored on a 46-yard run on the first play of the second quarter, but Bedford answered on the ensuing possession. The Bulldogs took over on their own 34 and needed eight plays to find the end zone. Colella scored the TD on an 18-yard run with 7:47 left in the half. McCoole's point-after kick handed Bedford a 7-6 lead.
Pinkerton went up 12-7 on Matt Madden's 1-yard run with 6:55 left in the third, but Pinkerton's offense struggled after that.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pat Buchanan: China has begun prowling Asia like a hungry tiger - 1
- Thomas Sowell: Victimhood and race - 3
- Fred Hiatt: While Obama talked, Assad killed - 4
- Ramesh Ponnuru: Why the latest corporate tax cut plan won't work - 1
- Aidan Connell: Manchester Central educated this Hooksett student very well - 11
- Deroy Murdock; Fracking is 'greener' than environmentalists want to admit - 9
- Margaret Carlson: Is Obamacare challenging enough yet for President Obama? - 4
- George Will: Scott Walker, action figure governor - 1
- Charles Krauthammer: An outbreak of lawlessness - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown cites NH as example of Obamacare 'trainwreck,' will keynote NHGOP event