NHIAA Football Roundup: Londonderry ground attack rolls over West
Bedford's Thomas O'Rourke, tackles Pinkerton's Ryan Day, on Friday, in Bedford. (Thomas Roy/Union Leader)
NHIAA Football Scores, ScheduleFriday Night
Timberlane 20, Alvirne 14
Bedford 14, Pinkerton 12
Londonderry 49, West 14
Merrimack 47, Goffstown 20
Keene 34, Nashua North 0
Memorial 20, Salem 7
Nashua South 34, Spaulding 24
Lebanon 34, ConVal 0
Windham 28, Hanover 7
St. Thomas 36, Kearsarge 14
Kennett 16, Hollis/Brookline 14 Pembroke 36, Laconia 23
Monadnock 40, Souhegan 7
Trinity 58, Portsmouth 37
Bishop Brady 53, Raymond 35
Fall Mountain 40, Newfound 8
Stevens 31, Somersworth 25
- - - - - -
Winnacunnet at BG, 7 p.m.
Dover at Exeter, 2 p.m.
Concord at Central, 7 p.m.
Merr. Valley at J. Stark, 1:30 p.m.
K'swood at Plymouth, 1:30 p.m.
Milford at Sanborn, 1:30 p.m.
Pelham at Bow, 1:30 p.m.
Far-Nute at Epp-New, 1:30 p.m.
Gilford at Newport, 1:30 p.m.
Mascoma at W'squam, 1:30 p.m.
Franklin at I-L-M'tonboro, noon
Aaron Gaudet (two touchdowns, 56 yards on five carries) and Dennis Bishop (two touchdowns, 174 yards on nine carries) led the way.
Zach Theriault threw a nine-yard touchdown pass to Ricky Rivera for West's first score (making the game 7-7 in the first quarter. A Killian Bullock fumble recovery for a touchdown accounted for West's (0-1) other score.
Alvirne crossed midfield in the closing minutes and the Owls held on downs to secure the win.
The Huskies scored early and often against the visiting Sabers. They were up 20-0 with a little less than four minutes remaining in the opening quarter and upped the lead to 33-0 by halftime.
Isaiah Prince, Monadnock’s first-year quarterback, was immense. He ran for three touchdowns and ran for another.
Monadnock is a Division III team by enrollment, but was placed in Division II.
"We have some talent coming back," Monadnock coach Linwood Patnode said before the season began.
"I’m not going to underplay our team," Patnode said. "The schedule is what it is. We don’t have it in our heads that we’re a Division III school playing in Division II."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pat Buchanan: China has begun prowling Asia like a hungry tiger - 3
- Thomas Sowell: Victimhood and race - 4
- Fred Hiatt: While Obama talked, Assad killed - 4
- Ramesh Ponnuru: Why the latest corporate tax cut plan won't work - 1
- Aidan Connell: Manchester Central educated this Hooksett student very well - 13
- Deroy Murdock; Fracking is 'greener' than environmentalists want to admit - 9
- Margaret Carlson: Is Obamacare challenging enough yet for President Obama? - 4
- George Will: Scott Walker, action figure governor - 1
- Charles Krauthammer: An outbreak of lawlessness - 1
READER COMMENTS: 7
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 1
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 7
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 1
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
Push to block casino in NH ramping up