Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aaron Hernandez pleads not guilty to murder and gun charges
Hernandez was arraigned Friday in front of a packed Fall River courtroom. His mother and fiancee sat in the front row, directly across from nearly a dozen members of the victim’s family, who were dressed in purple, Lloyd’s favorite color.
A judge ordered Hernandez held without bail, after his lawyers announced their intention to argue for bail at a later date. He was indicted last month for murder and five illegal firearms charges, and is next scheduled to appear in Fall River Superior Court for a hearing Oct. 9.
“We’re confident ... Aaron will be exonerated,” said one of his lawyers, Charles Rankin, after the brief arraignment. “Not one shred of evidence has been presented in court.”
District Attorney Samuel Sutter said prosecutors would “absolutely” argue that Hernandez continue to be held.
The ex-NFL star also has become a target of investigations in two other shootings: a July 2012 double homicide in Boston and a February shooting in Florida that left an East Hartford man without an eye.
Surveillance footage shows Hernandez and the two men killed in Boston last summer at the same nightclub hours before the drive-by shooting, law enforcement sources said. Investigators who searched a Bristol home for evidence in the Lloyd case found a car, rented in Hernandez’s name, that matched the description of the vehicle authorities sought in that case. No charges have been filed, but Boston authorities in June searched Hernandez’s North Attleboro mansion.
Alexander Bradley, of East Hartford, filed a civil lawsuit two days after Lloyd’s death that accuses Hernandez of shooting him in the eye outside a Florida nightclub in February. Attorneys representing Hernandez in the civil suit requested a stay pending criminal action in Bristol County, Mass.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Police say man robbed Rochester bank wearing zebra print dress - 0
- Police say driver in Amherst fatal crash was traveling about 45 mph above limit - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Parolee returned to prison in 3rd protective order case - 0
- Salem man charged with child porn possession - 0
- Keene police may seek subpoenas for social media accounts in riot probe - 4
- Ex-Seabrook police officer wants to keep sealed statements out of trial - 0
- Hollis police investigating thefts from vehicles - 0
- Hooksett woman charged with child sex assault - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Stalking charge filed after court appearance - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Home-grown talent has UNH women's cross country out in front - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Playoff picture will get clearer - 0
- New players, new coach, new look for Monarchs in home opener tonight - 0
- Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks - 1
- Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad - 0
- FairPoint paying thousands a day for police details at Manchester sites alone - 0
- New York doctor who worked in West Africa tests positive for Ebola - 1
- UMass Lowell polls show senate, gubernatorial races still a close call - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Swetland helps Central girls get past Bishop Guertin - 0
UPDATED: Flood warning issued for southern NH; leaks force visitation to be cancelled at Goffstown women's prison
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Debate rule No. 1: Don't crash
Jonee Earthquake band shakes Shaskeen
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483