Rochester Fair goes Hollywood this year
ROCHESTER — The Rochester Fair is going Hollywood this year, with some big top acts and a big chicken show that will be hard to top.
The 138th annual fair, which runs Sept. 13-22, will feature fair favorites such as the midway and various animal competitions and a demolition derby, but also entertainment that includes Circus Hollywood, The Magic Trunk, The Barnyard Cackle Review and Hollywood Racing Pigs.
Shining bright under the big top will be Circus Hollywood, which showcases many of the circus arts. According to festival organizers, “The Rochester Fair is one of the only places where you can see a full big-top circus show for the price of admission.”
Shows will be at 5 and 7:30 p.m. weekdays for the duration of the fair and at 2, 5 and 7:30 p.m. on the weekends.
The Magic Trunk features ventriloquist and comedienne Sylvia Fletcher with her well-traveled box of quick-witted puppets and inanimate objects she brings to life. Magic Trunk shows will be held at 5 and 7 p.m. daily Sept. 16-20; and, at 1, 4 and 6 p.m. Sept. 21 and 22.
The family fun continues with a gaggle of chatty chickens and bad puns. The Barnyard Cackle Review features Rocky Da Rooster and his singing hens: Tanya Clucker, Loretta Hen, Patty Eggless, Reba MacEggtire, Patsy Coop and Sh’nia Twang.
But those chickens may have some stiff competition from some fast pigs. The Hollywood racing pigs hit the scene – with a setup in their very own tent – Friday, Sept. 13, and will be racing each other throughout the duration of the fair with shows at 4:30 and 7 p.m. weekdays and 1, 4 and 7 p.m. on the weekends.
Tickets for the fair are $14 to ride all mechanical rides, with the new Extreme speed ride costing an additional $5. This year, children shorter than 36 inches are admitted free Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. so that patrons can see the livestock and exhibits at no charge. The midway and shows will not be open. Entertainment at the fair is also free of charge. Parking is $5.
The Rochester Fairgrounds are located at 72 Lafayette St., Rochester. For a complete schedule of events, visit dev.rochesterfair.com. For more information, contact the Rochester Fair at 332-6585 or email email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 27
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
Hassan, Havenstein both raise nearly $2m