Taps ceremonies set for next week
The Mount Calvary Chapter of the 100 Nights Organization is sponsored by Manchester West High School Navy JROTC and features keynote speaker James E. Koutz, national commander of The American Legion.
Director of the event, former Manchester resident and Vietman era veteran Noel Taylor said the 100 Nights program is a final, fitting tribute to a veteran that should a live sounding of taps rather than the use of a recorded track that often was used at burial services, due to the shortage of buglers.
Anyone interested in learning more about the closing ceremony events or volunteering as a bugler is asked to contact Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at 100nightsofremembrance.org.
PLYMOUTH — A town-wide yard sale to benefit Housing 4 Our Veterans Funds is from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 7.
On-site registration costs $15 for home or business sales, $25 for a community site for sellers from outside Plymouth, who will be given a spot at either the NH Electric Cooperative or Lakes Region Community Services Council parking lot, both on Tenney Mountain Highway with off-highway parking.
Cribbage players sought
MANCHESTER — Post 79, the American Legion, is looking for cribbage players to join the Queen City League.
Call Conrad at 232-7985 for more information.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Bison are fast and furious - 1
- Late heroics carried Wildcats to semis - 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Big challenges? Bring ’em on - 3
- Florida State's Winston captures Heisman Trophy by a landslide - 0
- College Football: UNH in FCS semifinals for first time ever - 2
- College Sports Roundup: SNHU men cagers can't hold big lead against Merrimack - 1
- Good-natured talk leads to friendly bet in UNH game - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Hard work paid off for UNH coaches - 0
- College Football: UNH on a business trip - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man charged with driving 115 mph on I-93 - 0
- Charges upgraded against man who killed 2 in I-89 crash - 1
- Tilton police search for store robber - 0
- Busy Executive Council confirms judges, PUC commissioner, approves renewable energy grants - 1
- State declares "Air Quality Action Day" in Monadnock region - 0
- Hannaford opening in vacant Stop & Shop building in Exeter - 0
- Charlestown family hospitalized after fire - 0
- No bail for Keene McLeod murder case - 0
- Police identify victim of fatal Milford crash as Merrimack man - 0
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Money raised for dog hit by snow plow
Dunbarton nixes man's poultry plan
Popular West High School official moved