Londonderry church has new part-time pastor
The Rev. Dr. Sara Singleton, a former registered nurse turned Presbyterian pastor, joined the local congregation for the first time Aug. 31.
Singleton said she first met members of the Londonderry church last winter, when she visited as a special guest preacher.
“I was struck by the vibrancy of the worship leaders and the many, many servant leaders,” Singleton said last week.
The church has been without a permanent pastor for well over a year and has since relied on guest pastors from around the region as the congregant’s elders work towards finding a more long-term solution.
A resident of Ipswich, Mass., Singleton spent two decades working in the health care industry and raising her children before receiving her calling.
In 2005, Singleton earned her master’s in divinity at Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary in Texas and soon after, was ordained as an associate pastor at a church in Colorado Springs.
She said one of the highlights of her ministry came shortly after, when she served as an American delegate during an international ministry conference in Cape Town, South Africa.
Her journey also inspired her to put her memories on paper. Singleton is working on a book, “A Simple Walk: Following God Beyond Fear.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Loeb School spring classes offer career-change chance - 0
- 'Mathletes' chosen to represent NH in national competition - 1
- Pembroke Academy wants to help at-risk students - 0
- From Russia, with love of numbers at Nashua school - 0
- Great Bay Community College 'boot camp' trains students in precision manufacturing - 0
- Cyber defense competition coming to University of New Hampshire - 0
- Dartmouth College mourns sudden death of student - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings being evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal