Home » News » Public Safety
No rave in at Verizon in Manchester, Mayor Gatsas says
"I thanked him for his efforts," the mayor said. Bechert did not return several calls for comment.
The mayor said he met with Bechert in the last week and the concert "just came up in general conversation." Gatsas said he discussed concerns over "Molly," a form of the hallucinogenic drug Ecstasy. The drug is believed to be responsible for the deaths of Plymouth State University sophomore Brittany Flannigan, 19, of Derry (see related story, Page A5) at the House of Blues nightclub in Boston on Aug. 28 and University of New Hampshire junior Olivia Rotondo, 20, of North Providence, R.I. at a New York City concert Saturday.
Manchester police contacted police in East Stroudsburg, Pa. and Burlington, Vt., where Barstool Blackout Tour recently performed, Lt. Maureen Tessier said. This is routinely done to determine what type of security detail would be needed for the concert, she said.
Manchester police planned to recommend a larger police security detail than normal, but also a greater emergency medical presence at the concert site. East Stroudsburg police said several concert-goers had to be transported to the hospital.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
- Annual banquet on April 23 honors police, fire and EMS - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan - 0
- Sen. Odell won't seek re-election - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Ann Kuster loves Obamacare but won't pay for it - 11
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 22
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Central the early surprise in baseball ranks - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 3
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 7
- P-Bruins in fight to finish - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Dubois' homer lifts BG girls over Exeter - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition
Sen. Odell won't seek re-election