Home » News » Public Safety
Child hurt in Laconia boating mishap
LACONIA — A child was seriously hurt in a boating accident Thursday afternoon, authorities said.
A medical helicopter was heading to the scene just after 3:30 p.m., off Parade Road, to take the child, believed younger than a teenager, to a hospital, according to Deputy Fire Chief Deborah Pendergast.
The child sustained a serious leg injury in the water when a boat went by and there apparently was “contact between the child and the boat motor” around 3:15 p.m., she said.
The accident happened in a private marina that was part of a gated community called SouthDown Shores & Longbay
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Firefighters respond to fire at Somersworth home - 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072