Northern Pass hosts open house in Concord
Susca’s home borders an existing Public Service of New Hampshire right-of-way, he said at Wednesday night’s open house hosted by the project’s owners at the Holiday Inn on Main Street.
“When I look out from my deck, I’m going to be looking right at a 125-foot tower,” Susca said.
The open house was the sixth hosted by Northern Pass to tout its project and answer questions about the proposed routes, which have changed several times since the hydroelectric project was first announced in 2010.
Susca said he came into the open house with an open mind. He wanted to know if the project was planning to remove any trees that would provide some buffer for the lines, and whether Northern Pass engineers would consider burying the lines.
“They’re not giving us what we want, which is to bury the lines,” he said. “But what they have done, it seems, is try to find a configuration that won’t make it necessary to remove the trees we have left. So that’s something. It’s not what we want, but it’s something.”
Skelton said she was asked to leave because she was being disruptive.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View - Charles Lane: Obama's wedge issue is the seductive lure of golf - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: If the Islamic State is not evil, then what is? - 2
- George Will: Will we build the Navy we need? - 1
- Betsy McCaughey: Congress should take the lead on Iraq - 2
- Another View - Rick Santorum: When Israel needs our help, we have to be there - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Liberal urban police policies won't quell riots - 0
- Another View -- Frank Guinta: I am uniquely qualified to represent NH in Congress - 12
- Deroy Murdock: The indictment of Rick Perry is bizarre and unfounded - 0
- Another View - Marc Champion: A strong terror policy would cure Obama's golf woes - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name