Hooksett moves toward deal with Pinkerton on high school students
Anderson said Wednesday that with enrollment at Pinkerton expected to decrease by 500 students in 10 years, overcrowding should not be a concern.
The School Board also reversed course during Tuesday's meeting by voting to explore a multi-school contract in a close 3-2 vote. Along with School Board Vice Chairman David Pearl, John Lyscars and Phil Denbow voted to look into entering multiple contracts with multiple school districts. "I would say that it was reconsidered based upon the prompting of the superintendent, who said that if the Pinkerton contract is finalized and up to 75 students allowed to attend other schools, it would be better to have contracts with other districts stipulating things like how many students they could take and how much tuition will cost," Pearl said.
Korkosz said that the Pembroke, Bow and Londonderry high schools are all candidates for small-scale agreements with Hooksett.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Needing answers in Weare: The first step to accountability - 0
- Where terrorists win: The world's one 'kill Americans' zone - 5
- Expanding NH economy: Of energy costs, trains and clowns - 3
- Obama acts illegally: Shaheen parrots his talking points - 60
- Regulations must adapt: Cities cannot squash the new economy - 3
- Offend someone? To jail with you! - 22
- King Obama: Creating a constitutional crisis - 42
- VA wait times: They are still bad - 6
- NH votes matter: A House close to the people - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 0
- On being American: A point for reflection - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 0
- Manchester school exec contract squeaks by - 0
- Dartmouth gets 10 picks on All-Ivy team - 0
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection