Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Woman robbed at gunpoint in Manchester
MANCHESTER – Bystanders recovered the purse of a woman who was robbed at gunpoint Wednesday night on Beech Street, but they were unable to catch the thief.
Police said a 20-year-old woman was robbed about 8 p.m. as she was walking near Beech Street School, 333 Beech St.
The woman said a man approached her and asked for the time and a cigarette. Suddenly, he pulled out a large black handgun, pointed it at her and demanded her purse.
Once he had it, he ran off and several bystanders chased after them. He eluded them, but they recovered the woman's purse. Her cell phone and some cash were missing from it.
The robber is described as a heavyset white man, about 5-foot-10, 18 to 20 years old with brown facial hair. He wore a dark ball cap, white tank top and dark jeans.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 634-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Brothers accused of stealing candy from launderette - 0
- Maine man faces charges for alleged baseball bat beating - 0
- Man holds car thief at bay with gun until police arrive - 29
- Corrections officials may delay mail restrictions - 1
- City logs 2 robberies within 45 minutes - 0
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 2
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 1
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
Sales of new limited edition ‘Old Man’ liquor bottles will help fund Hall of Flags restoration projectREADER COMMENTS: 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424